- Have the blog post live by 6 AM GMT . Work it out if you're in a different time zone.
- Make the SFFS blog post clearly identifiable to readers (e.g. use "SFFS" in the heading, or some variant). It is preferable that the link you post to this list leads directly to the blog post, so that readers do not have to play 'hunt-the-snippet'.
- Do not post anything else on your blog for at least 24 hours after posting the SFFS blog post.
- Keep the snippet's length below fifteen sentences. Any snippets found to be blatantly over this limit will be summarily removed from the week's list (no email warning or requests to shorten).
- If your excerpt comes from a book available online, be sure to provide a link within your snippet. If it's from a WIP, let us know what other books it may be related to, or any other titles you might have available.
- Come back on Saturday and visit all of our posted authors, to read some of the best new science fiction and fantasy writing that we have to offer.
Our twitter hashtag is #sffsat.